PRIMARY ELECTION, JUNE 13, 2017
There will be a primary election on Tuesday, June 13, 2017. Once sample ballots are received they will be posted with the absentee ballot application on the Election Page.
RECENT ELECTION RESULTS
- General & Referendum Election, November 8, 2016
- State Primary & School Budget Validation Referendum, June 14, 2016
- General Election, November 3, 2015
- School Budget Validation Referendum, June 9, 2015
Election results from previous elections may be found in our archives section
All Local, State & Federal Elections are administered and supervised by the City Clerk.
Usually there is a Primary Election in June. This election is for the purpose of electing Town Council and School Board members. There is generally a State election held on the first Tuesday of November of each year.
How do I register to vote?
You must be at least 17 years old to complete a voter registration application and at least 18 years old to actually vote.
Where do I go to register?
You may register to vote at your city hall, through any motor Vehicle branch office or at voter registration drives. Completed voter registration cards may be delivered by hand or mailed to the city clerk's office.
WHERE DO I VOTE?
All citizens vote at the Community Center, 75 Franklin Street.
WHAT WARD/HOUSE DISTRICT TO I LIVE IN?
- Search for your ward by street
- Download a map of city wards 750K, in Adobe Acrobat format
- Download a map of house districts in the city 1.4MB, in Adobe Acrobat format
For more information about registration, statewide referenda and candidates, we suggest the Maine Secretary of State's Elections page.
Citizens who are going to be unable to vote at the polling place on election day may vote by absentee ballot.
You may request an absentee ballot from the City Clerk's Office in City Hall, 300 Main St., by:
- telephone (207) 284-4831
- written application
- downloading an application*
*Please note, absentee ballot applications are specific to each election. PDF application forms will be linked to an election-specific page prior to each election.
More information about absentee balloting may be found by following this link.
Copies of the voter list are available at the Clerk's office.
- Voter List - (per ward) $40.00
- Voter list - (per district) $75.00
- Voter list - (Complete) $100.00
- Ward maps $5.00
Results from previous elections, as well as links to ballots and background material may be found in our election archives.