CITY CLERK DEPARTMENT
City Clerk & Registrar
Michele L. Hughes
Deputy City Clerk
William T. Rankin
Deputy Voter Registrar
Assistant City Clerk
Office contact numbers:
Dog Licenses for 2019 - The 2019 dog licenses will be available starting on October 15, 2018. Please bring in a copy of the dogs current rabies certificate. If you need to have a copy of the rabies certificate faxed to the office, there is a $5.00 fax service fee in addition to the license fee.
Sample Ballots - Sample ballots will be posted to the website on October 9th.
Absentee Voting - Absentee ballots will be available starting on October 9th.
Dogs on Beaches - A dog, while on any public way or place, shall be under restraint, within the meaning of this article, if it is controlled by leash or voice control beside a competent person and obedient to that person's commands or on or within a vehicle being driven or parked on the streets or within the property limits of its owner or keeper.
The following restrictions apply to dogs on beaches:
During the months of July and August, no dog shall be present on any beach between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., unless it is leashed by its owner.
Note: Ferry Beach State Park does not allow dogs on the beach from April 1 to September 30, but from October 1 to March 31 they are allowed on-leash.
New laws effective: October 5, 2018:
- State Primary & Referendum Election & Budget Validation Referendum Election June 12, 2018
- State Referendum & Municipal General and Referendum Election November 7, 2017
- State Special Referendum & Budget Validation Referendum Election June 13, 2017
- State General & Referendum Election November 8, 2016
- State Primary & Budget Validation Referendum Election June 14, 2016
- General Election, November 3
- School Budget Validation Referendum, June 9, 2015
FREQUENTLY REQUESTED ITEMS:
- Beano, Games of Chance Licenses
- Business Registration
- Camp Ellis Parking Stickers
- Dog Licenses
- Door to Door Solicitation
- Elections and Voter Registration
- Fee Schedule
- Food Establishment Licenses - Victualer
- General Assistance
- Liquor Licenses
- Marriage Licenses
- Special Entertainment Permits
- Vital Records
FORMS FOR LICENSES AND APPLICATIONS
The following forms can be downloaded from this site. They are in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader program to open and print them. If you don't already have the program, you can find it by following this link.
- Business registration - New
- Business registration - Renewal
- Marriage License
- Massage establishment & Therapist license
- Mooring wait list permit
- Solid waste hauler & vehicle permit
- Special entertainment permit
- Taxicab business license
- Taxicab license
- Taxicab vehicle license
- Vendor Flea Market license
- Victualer's license
- Vital Records - Birth Certificate Request Form
- Vital Records - Death Certificate Request Form
- Vital Records - Marriage Certificate Request Form