By law, the only things that can be burned are brush, leaves and clean wood. All other materials must be brought to the transfer station out on the Foss Road.
Burning Permit Conditions
- Burning piles are to be kept reasonably small, and attended at all times.
- Permitted fires that generate any complaints will be investigated by the fire department, and potentially extinguished. There is to be no burning of the following materials:
- Flammable or combustible liquids
- Construction I demolition debris (i.e. plastics, rubber, styrofoam, metals, chemicals)
- Paper / cardboard
- Wood boxes
- Manufactured wood materials
- Asphalt shingles
- Wire insulation
- Rubbish / refuse / garbage
- Human or animal waste
- Animal remains
The permit holder is ultimately responsible for the following of permit conditions and restrictions.