The City of Saco has seven wards with a city council representative elected for each ward. City Councilors serve two-year terms.
New to Saco? Or don't know what ward you live in? No problem! Click here to find your ward!
City Council Contact Information
Please click on the City Councilor's name to send them an email
Marshall Archer, Councilor Ward 1
Email: Marshall Archer
Phone: (207) 653-2173 (C)
Roger Gay, Councilor Ward 2
Email: Roger Gay
Phone: (207) 468-6578 (C)
William Doyle, Councilor Ward 3
Email: William P. Doyle
Phone: (207)590-8931 (C)
CITY COUNCIL GOALS
The City Council establishes their goals for the term in December. Read below to review the goals set by the City Council in 2016.
- Advocate a successful bond approval for the replacement of Young School by November
- Actively participate in re-energizing the Saco Main Street organization by having at least one councilor at each community event hosted by Saco Main Street
- Adopt a zero dollar increase on the mill rate for the school and city portion of the tax bill
- Review the comprehensive plan and zoning ordinance for discrepancies, assimilate the Bridge 2025 document, and make recommendations for changes to the document for the next calendar year
- In cooperation with Biddeford and Maine DOT review completed traffic studies and develop a traffic improvement work plan
- Charge an ad-hoc committee of elected officials and staff from the school district and the city to explore back office service consolidation which includes a recommendation by November (before the 2018 budget cycle begins)
- Charge the energy committee to develop a baseline of energy usage for city facilities in order to determine additional areas of improvement, explore/assess new green technology investment ideas for council to approve in a bond issue
- Actively seek an AARP grant that would assist in the development of a plan to make Saco an Age-Friendly Community
- Explore and approve two new sources of revenue for the City