SACO CITY COUNCIL AND MAYOR
CITY COUNCIL Goals for 2016
- Advocate a successful bond approval for the replacement of Young School by November
- Actively participate in re-energizing the Saco Main Street organization by having at least one councilor at each community event hosted by Saco Main Street
- Adopt a zero dollar increase on the mill rate for the school and city portion of the tax bill
- Review the comprehensive plan and zoning ordinance for discrepancies, assimilate the Bridge 2025 document, and make recommendations for changes to the document for the next calendar year
- In cooperation with Biddeford and Maine DOT review completed traffic studies and develop a traffic improvement work plan
- Charge an ad-hoc committee of elected officials and staff from the school district and the city to explore back office service consolidation which includes a recommendation by November (before the 2018 budget cycle begins)
- Charge the energy committee to develop a baseline of energy usage for city facilities in order to determine additional areas of improvement, explore/assess new green technology investment ideas for council to approve in a bond issue
- Actively seek an AARP grant that would assist in the development of a plan to make Saco an Age-Friendly Community
- Explore and approve two new sources of revenue for the City
CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS AND WORKSHOPs
Regular meetings are held the 1st and 3rd Monday in the City Hall Auditorium, 300 Main Street, Saco, Maine. The public sessions of meetings begin at 6:30 p.m. with executive sessions generally being at the conclusion of public business. In the event that a regular meeting of the Council falls on a legal holiday or the day prior to a holiday, the meeting is usually held the day following observance of the holiday.
Formal items will be reviewed at a Workshop meeting scheduled for the 2nd Monday of each month. If needed, a workshop may be required before a regular council meeting. In either case, the meeting will take place in the City Hall Conference Room on the First Floor, 300 Main Street, Saco, Maine. It will begin at 6:00 p.m. and will be open to the public. No action may be taken during a workshop. The public is allowed to speak at the Mayor’s discretion.
LIVE COUNCIL MEETINGS ONLINE
You can now view city council meetings in real time via this website.
Just follow this link
Agendas of city council meetings, complete with relevant attachments, are available on the
City Council Agenda page.
JOIN A BOARD, COMMISSION, OR COMMITTEE
To help your city by serving on one of several boards or commissions. This is a great opportunity to take part in your city's governance. For more information and an online application form, follow this link.
SACO AGE FRIENDLY COMMUNITY SURVEY
Age Friendly Saco is a group of Saco residents working together to make Saco a more age friendly/livable community. We are interested in your opinions as we move towards our goal of making Saco a community that enables our elderly residents to live out their lives in a safe and supportive environment.
Please complete this survey.