- If you ever wish to make a complaint about the actions of a police officer or about any aspect of police operations, PLEASE:
- Come to the department and tell any employee that you want to make a complaint; or
- Call the department @ 284-4535 and ask to speak to the shift supervisor, or call the City Administrator's Office @ 282-4191 and tell the person answering the phone that you want to make a complaint; or
- Write your complaint and mail it to:
Chief of Police
Saco Police Department
20 Storer Street
Saco ME 04072
- A supervisory officer will assist you in filling out a report of complaint against police personnel form. This form asks you to identify yourself and then to give specific details about your complaint.
- Your complaint will then be investigated. You may be contacted and asked additional questions about your complaint.
- If it is going to take a long time to investigate your complaint, you will receive a letter telling you approximately when you may expect a reply.
- When your complaint has been investigated, the Chief of Police will review the investigation and will write you a letter explaining what has been found out about the matter.