The Saco Police Department has adopted mobile technology to help improve communication with the citizens of Saco.
The MyPD App, which runs on the iPhone, iPad and Android devices, allows users to communicate with the police department in a variety of ways, including:
- Following tweets from the department;
- Submitting anonymous tips to department personnel;
- Ask questions of department personnel;
- Find department contacts;
- Commend an officer;
- Call the department;
- Upload photos and GPS data when reporting an incident to the department.
The app contains links to crime maps, the Maine sex offender registry, Maine's most wanted page, a survey page for the police department and the department's facebook page.
The app also has a "push" function which will allow the department to contact users to keep them updated with timely information.
The app can be downloaded free of charge by following the links below.
Please note -- the app is not designed to be use for emergency communication with the department. Calling 911 is still the only way to contact the department in case of an emergency.