Patrol Officer (Full Time)-Police Department
The City of Saco (pop 18800+/-) has an immediate opening for the position of full-time Patrol Officer. Following the Police Department's philosophy of,"With Dedication, Pride and Commitment", the Patrol Officer's duties shall consist of, but not be limited to, a number of general police responsibilities necessary for the accomplishment of the police mission and ensuring the stability and safety of the community.
Minimum requirements include:
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Valid driver’s license with no adverse activity;
- No criminal record;
- Good mental and physical condition;
- Meeting the age requirements as established by the Maine Criminal Justice Academy and have successfully passed both the Physical Fitness and ALERT tests administered by the Maine Criminal Justice Academy;
- Successful completion of MCJA Pre-Service Training Program (Phase I & Phase II);
- Preference will be given to post secondary education, law enforcement experience and/or military experience. Applicants selected to move forward in the process will have to undergo and must pass an oral board, a complete background investigation, and psychological, polygraph and medical examinations.
The city offers a competitive salary and complete fringe benefits package including vacation, holidays, sick leave, health insurance, short and long term disability insurance, dental insurance, life and supplemental life insurance, uniforms and equipment, retirement plans, employee assistance program, as well as long term advancement and job specialty opportunities. LATERAL ENTRY up to the 8 year pay step is available to qualified candidates.
Applicants must submit proof of passing/successful completion of Maine Criminal Justice Academy administered Physical Fitness Test, Alert Test, and Pre-Service Training in order to be considered for employment. (For information on these tests please contact the academy at (207) 877-8000 or visit the website: www.maine.gov/dps/mcja .
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Saco is strongly committed to diversity in its work force. We are an affirmative action / equal employment opportunity employer.
Contact : Applications are available at Saco Police Department, 20 Storer Street, Saco, Maine, or by using the link below. Please submit application, resume, cover letter, and copies of required test results to: Human Resources, 300 Main Street, Saco, Maine 04072, by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to 207-282-8209, or in person at Saco Police Department, 20 Storer Street, Saco, Maine.
Applications will be accepted until suitable candidates are found.
The City of Saco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled