Saco has nine properties that are individually listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Three of these, the Joseph G. Deering house, First Parish Congregational Church, and Saco City Hall, are featured in the walking tour of Main Street, which is also available on this site. The other listed properties are:
Way Way General Store, 1927-29, 93 Buxton Road. Named for its remote location "way, way" out of town, the Way Way is an outstanding example of an early twentieth century road house and store.
Jacobs Houses and Store, 1820-1826, 11-17 Elm Street. This interesting complex of hip roofed Federal Period buildings consists of the wood framed houses of blacksmiths Benjamin and Moses Jacobs, and a large three-story commercial block.
A. B. Seavey House, 1890, 90 Temple Street. The Seavy house is an elaborate and well- preserved example of the Queen Anne style. It was designed by J.M. Littlefield of Haverhill, Massachusetts.
Saco High School, 1871-72, Spring Street. Designed by Portland architect George M. Harding, the old Saco High School is a grand Victorian Gothic structure that reflects civic pride in a time of great prosperity. It has recently been adapted for use as apartments.
Thacher Goodale House (Crown 'N' Anchor Inn), 1828, 121 North Street. Attributed to builder/architect John Johnson, the Thacher-Goodale house is one of the region's earliest expressions of the Greek Revival style.
Grant Farm, circa 1810, Grant Road (off of Route 12). An unspoiled example of a rural Saco Valley farm house noted for its fine woodwork and stenciled walls attributed to Moses Eaton.