1. The Applicant's Name
Interest in the subject property
2. The Owner's Name and Address, (if different from the applicant's)
c) The address and the tax map and lot number
d) The present use and zoning classification of the subject property.
e) A brief description of the new construction, reconstruction, alteration, maintenance, demolition or removal requiring the issuance of the Certificate of Appropriateness.
f) A scale drawing or drawings of the exterior architectural features indicating the design, texture, and location of any proposed alteration, reconstruction, maintenance or new construction for which the Certificate is being applied. As used herein, drawings shall mean plans or exterior elevations drawn to scale, with sufficient detail to show as far as they relate exterior appearances, the architectural design of the building(s), including materials and textures including samples of exterior materials. Drawings shall be clear, complete and specific.
g) Photographs of the building involved and of adjacent buildings.
h) A site plan indicating improvements affecting appearance such as walls, walks, terraces, planting, accessory buildings, signs, lights and other elements.
Note: There is no fee required for this application
- An overview of the City of Saco history
- Application for Certificate of Appropriateness
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Historic District Design Guidelines (2010)
- Historic Preservation Ordinance
- Historic sites and districts
- John Haley's Saco An interactive map showing locations of historic homes reviewed by John Haley
- Maine Historic Preservation Commission This will take you off the City of Saco website
- Meeting Schedule
- Our Facebook page
- Saco Downtown West Historic Preservation Report
300 Main Street
Saco, Maine 04072