CITY CLERK DEPARTMENT
City Clerk & Registrar
Michele L. Hughes
Deputy City Clerk
William T. Rankin
Deputy Voter Registrar
Assistant City Clerk
Office contact numbers:
Nomination papers will be available on Monday, July 29, 2019 for the following seats:
- Mayor - 4 Year term expiring in December 2023. Thereafter elected for 3 year terms.
- Council - Wards 1, 3, & 6 = 2 Year term expiring in December 2021. Thereafter elected for 3 year terms.
- Council - Wards 4 & 5 = 3 Year term expiring in December 2022. Thereafter elected for 3 year terms.
- Council - Wards 2 & 7 = 4 Year term expiring in December 2023. Thereafter elected for 3 year terms.
- Wardens & Ward Clerks - Ward 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, & 7 = 2 Year term.
There are no school board seats up for election this year.
Mayor - Need 200 signatures of qualified voters city wide.
Council, Wardens, & Ward Clerks - Need 35 signatures of qualified voters from the respective ward.
Deadline for submission of papers:
Nomination papers must be filed with the CIty Clerk Dept. on or before Friday, September 6, 2019.
Dogs & Horses on Beaches:
Note: Ferry Beach State Park does not allow dogs on the beach from April 1 to September 30, but from October 1 to March 31 they are allowed on-leash.
BUDGET VALIDATION REFERENDUM ELECTION - JUNE 11, 2019
Official Election Results
WARD 3 – ELECTION WARD CLERK OPENING AND WARD 7 - ELECTION WARDEN OPENING
The city is currently looking for a Ward Clerk to represent Ward 3 and a Warden to represent Ward 7 at municipal and state elections which are currently held in June and November each year.
You must be a U.S. Citizen, at least 18 years of age and a registered voter of the municipality. You do not need to be enrolled in a party and you may not be an officer of a municipal committee of a party.
Duties are as follows: The Ward Clerk assists the Warden. You must be available to work and remain at the polling place the entire time the polls are open and during the counting of ballots. You would assist in overseeing the voting area for your ward. Ensure compliance with laws pertaining to voting and counting procedures and assist in supervising election officials and assigning their duties. Training is provided before each election.
This is a paid position. If you are interested in this position but not sure which ward you live in, give us a call at 284-4831 and we can look that information up for you and answer any questions that you may have.
This is a great way to meet your neighbors and get involved in your community.
Marijuana Cultivation, Harvesting, Distribution, Etc.
On March 25, 2019 the city amended Chapter 135 Cultivation and Distribution of Marijuana. Below is a link to the new laws and the new application. Applications and fees need to be submitted to the CIty Clerk's Office.
FREQUENTLY REQUESTED ITEMS:
- Beano, Games of Chance Licenses
- Business Registration
- Camp Ellis Parking Stickers
- Dog Licenses
- Door to Door Solicitation
- Elections and Voter Registration
- Fee Schedule
- Food Establishment Licenses - Victualer
- General Assistance
- Liquor Licenses
- Marriage Licenses
- Special Entertainment Permits
- Vital Records
FORMS FOR LICENSES AND APPLICATIONS
The following forms can be downloaded from this site. They are in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader program to open and print them. If you don't already have the program, you can find it by following this link.
- Business registration - New
- Business registration - Renewal
- Marriage License
- Massage establishment & Therapist license
- Mooring wait list permit - 2019
- Solid waste hauler & vehicle permit
- Special entertainment permit
- Taxicab business license
- Taxicab license
- Taxicab vehicle license
- Vendor Flea Market license
- Victualer's license
- Vital Records - Birth Certificate Request Form
- Vital Records - Death Certificate Request Form
- Vital Records - Marriage Certificate Request Form