Watch City Council MeetingsDue to the COVID-19 pandemic, changes have been implemented to allow the City Council to meet while maintaining social distancing recommendations outlined on our Public Health page.
View our full guide to remote meetings here. For information about remote Planning Board meetings, visit this page.
We have worked diligently to ensure that even with remote meetings, public participation is still encouraged.
How to participate in remote City council meetings
- Watch the live-stream on our Facebook page.
- Watch the session directly in Zoom by joining the meeting as an attendee. This link will change for each meeting and can be found on the City website and social media, and will be posted at www.sacomaine.org/watchmeetings. To use this method, please follow the installation instructions in the guide above and see the upcoming meeting details below.
- Dial in to the meeting on your mobile, work, or home phone. The toll-free dial-in numbers for each meeting will be posted at www.sacomaine.org/watchmeetings. You can also call (207)282-4191 to receive the dial in information for each meeting.
- Watch the broadcast on SacoTV, our shared Education/Government channel. Spectrum cable subscribers can view SacoTV on channel 1301. Biddeford's Public Access programming airs on channel 1302.
- Watch the meeting the next day on our YouTube channel. This option will provide closed captions once the video has finished processing.
For instructions on how to use this information to connect to the meetings, please refer to our complete guide.
City Council Meeting - June 15, 2020, 6:30 PM
Zoom Webinar link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81306077246
Webinar ID: 813 0607 7246
Dial-in number: (646) 558-8656
PUBLIC COMMENT AND PUBLIC HEARING PARTICIPATION
With the shift to remote meetings, we have modified how we receive Public Comment and conduct Public Hearings.
Members of the public may join the full Council meeting and listen/watch via Zoom using the methods described earlier on this page or in this guide. When the Council reaches Public Comment or votes to open a Public Hearing, members of the public will be allowed to speak. Each member of the public who participates in Public Comment or a Public Hearing is asked to keep their comments to a maximum of three minutes.
If you are participating by desktop, tablet, or other mobile device – when Public Comment is reached or when the Public Hearing is open, you may use the “raise hand” feature in Zoom (see screenshot below) to be recognized by the Mayor before your microphone will be enabled and you are able to speak. You will not share your video, you will just be unmuted. When members of the public speak, they are asked to state their name and address for the record. There may be a slight pause as the host mutes or unmutes microphones; please do not be alarmed, as this is a normal function of the software.
“Raise Hand” feature in Zoom.
If you are participating by phone – members of the public who use a phone to dial-in to the meeting will be muted by the host until the Council reaches Public Comment or opens the Public Hearing. During the Public Comment or Public Hearing, the Mayor will ask if there are members of the public participating by phone who would like to address the Council. At that time, those participating by phone will be recognized by the host and Mayor to speak, before addressing the Council. Members of the public who are participating by phone are asked to keep their phone microphone muted (if possible) until the Public Hearing is open, to reduce background noises.
If you are unable to participate via Zoom for any reason, you may submit written public comment in place of in-person participation. Written public comments must be e-mailed to City Administrator Bryan Kaenrath at BKaenrath@sacomaine.org, or mailed to Public Comment 300 Main St. Saco, ME 04072. Public Comment received by 5 PM on the date of the Council meeting will be provided to the City Council in advance of the meeting and will become a part of the permanent record of the meetings. If e-mailing, please note “Public Comment” and the meeting date in the Subject field.
If you experience any difficulty participating in these meetings, please email SacoTV@sacomaine.org.