Due to COVID 19, the Finance Department is experiencing staffing limitations and will be closed from noon to 1:00 pm daily. If you visit City Hall during normal business hours, you may experience longer than normal wait times. To avoid the line, we recommend taking advantage of our available online services.
You can now pay parking tickets online. To use the online portal, you must enter your ticket or license number.
You can now pay parking permits online.
- Some fees may have changed.
- Permits purchased online should be printed using your home printer.
- Finance must approve all residential permits. Payment will not be processed until applications have been approved.
- Finance will no longer approve permit applications by mail. Permits must be purchased online or in person at City Hall.
New registrations must be done in person at City Hall. Please note that the Finance Department is closed from noon to 1:00 pm daily.
Re-registrations can be completed online with the State of Maine here.
Real Estate & Personal Property Taxes:
- Tax payments can be deposited in the night deposit box at the Cutts Avenue City Hall entrance. Payments are collected and deposited daily. Your date of payment will be the date the check was dropped off.
- Tax Payments by Mail: Tax payments can be paid by mail. The tax payment date is back dated to match the post-marked date.
- Tax Payments made Online: Pay real estate taxes here and personal property taxes here.
- EZ Pay Plan: Taxpayers who are enrolled in our EZ Pay plan may see a notice that their account has a lien attached. This can be disregarded in these cases.
The City of Saco’s payment policy is to post all payments to the oldest dated bill first. This policy is approved by Council each fiscal year.
On real estate bills, please include either the street address of the property or the parcel map/lot that is located on the bill. For personal property bills, please include the PP account number. Mail tax payments to 300 Main Street, Saco, ME 04072.
In December 2014, we moved the sewer billing to Maine Water Company. They follow the same policy of posting payments to the oldest bills first. If you use online payments through your bank, double check for the correct address. Please include account number along with the payment to allow for easier posting. Mail all sewer payments to 93 Industrial Park Rd, Saco, ME 04072.
For any Questions feel free to call 282-1032
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continually monitor and make adjustments to our COVID-19 procedures. All procedures are subject to change and changes will be promptly communicated.