Doing Business at City HALL
The hours of operation vary by department, but City Hall is open Monday-Thursday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM and from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM on Fridays.
Administration: By appointment.
Assessing: Monday-Thursday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM and from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM on Fridays.
City Clerk: Monday-Thursday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM and from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM on Fridays.
Code Enforcement: Monday-Friday from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM.
Communications: By appointment.
Finance: Monday-Thursday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM and from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM on Fridays.
Note: Finance is closed from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM Monday - Friday for lunch. If you are registering a new car, please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to closing.
Fire Department: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Human Resources: By appointment.
Information Technology: By appointment.
Parks and Recreation: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Planning and Economic Development: Monday-Thursday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM and from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM on Fridays
Police Department: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Public Works: Monday - Friday 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Water Resource Recovery: Monday - Thursday: 7:30-3:30 and Friday 6:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Please note: You will notice some additional protective barriers, social distancing markers, and other safety enhancements in the building. Please wear a mask when conducting business inside City Hall if you can. If you are unable to provide your own mask, please let us know and we will provide one for you.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we implement these precautionary measures.
OTHER MUNICIPAL FACILITIES
The hours of operation and procedures for entering municipal facilities varies by department.
City Council Meetings and other boards and committees will continue to host virtual meetings until further notice. The following are still actively meeting and conducting business online:
• City Council (more info at sacomaine.org/watchmeetings)
• Planning Board
• Economic Development Commission
• Historic Preservation Commission
• Conservation Commission
• Energy & Sustainability Committee
• Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
Holiday Closings (2021)
- Friday, January 1 – New Year’s Day
- Monday, January 18 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Monday, February 15 – President’s Day
- Monday, April 19 – Patriots Day
- Monday, May 31 – Memorial Day
- Sunday, July 4 – Independence Day
- Monday, July 5 – Independence Day (observed)
- Monday, September 6 – Labor Day
- Monday, October 11 – Columbus Day/ Indigenous Peoples' Day
- Thursday, November 11 – Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 25 – Thanksgiving Day
- Friday, November 26 – Day After Thanksgiving
- Thursday, December 23 - 1/2 Day Christmas Eve* (observed)
- Friday, December 24 – Christmas Day (observed)
- Saturday, December 25 – Christmas Day
- Thursday, December 30 - 1/2 Day New Year's Eve* (observed)
- Friday, December 31 – New Year’s Day (observed)
* Half days: Hours vary by department.