FILING A CITIZEN COMPLAINT
- If you wish to make a complaint about the actions of a police officer or about any aspect of police operations, PLEASE:
- Come to the department lobby and pick up the phone on the counter. Let the Dispatcher who answers the phone know that you would like to make a complaint; or
- Write your complaint and mail it to:
Chief of Police
Saco Police Department
20 Storer Street
Saco ME 04072
- A Supervisor will assist you in filling out a Citizen Complaint Form. This form asks you to identify yourself and then to give specific details about your complaint.
- Your complaint will then be investigated. You may be contacted and asked additional questions about your complaint.
- If the investigation into your complaint will be lengthy, you will receive a letter telling you approximately when you may expect a reply.
- Upon the conclusion of the investigation, you will receive a letter from the Chief of Police regarding the findings and disposition of the investigation.