slider border

Filing a citizen complaint


  1. If you wish to make a complaint about the actions of a police officer or about any aspect of police operations, PLEASE:
    • Come to the department lobby and pick up the phone on the counter. Let the Dispatcher who answers the phone know that you would like to make a complaint; or
    • Write your complaint and mail it to:
      Chief of Police
      Saco Police Department
      20 Storer Street
      Saco ME 04072
  2. A Supervisor will assist you in filling out a Citizen Complaint Form. This form asks you to identify yourself and then to give specific details about your complaint.
  3. Your complaint will then be investigated. You may be contacted and asked additional questions about your complaint.
  4. If the investigation into your complaint will be lengthy, you will receive a letter telling you approximately when you may expect a reply.
  5. Upon the conclusion of the investigation, you will receive a letter from the Chief of Police regarding the findings and disposition of the investigation.