Transfer Station Telephone: 282-7230
Location: 24 Foss Road - Directions: Follow Route 112 (North Street/Buxton Road) out of the city. 1.5 miles mile beyond the Maine Turnpike overpass, you will see Foss Road on the left.
TRANSFER STATION HOURS
8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. (gates close at 3:45 allowing attendant clean up time)
All City of Saco residents can use the Transfer Station, no permit or sticker required, only proof of residency.
CLOSED DURING SNOW EVENTS - The Transfer station attendant is a plow driver for the City. It is not uncommon for the transfer station to close during storm events, or sometimes even the day after if the event was overnight. Thank you for understanding.
Holiday Schedule, 2019
The transfer station will be closed, or closing early on the following holidays:
- July 4 (Independence Day) Closed
- November 28 & 29 (Thursday & Friday, Thanksgiving) Closed
Station will be open on Saturday, November 30
- December 24 & 25 - Closed
- December 31st - Open 8:00 am to Noon
- January 1st - Closed
- Furniture (chairs, shelving, tables, mattress/boxspring)
- Bulky household items (couches, carpeting, etc.)
- Construction debris
- Clothing, shoes, curtains, mini-blinds
- Patio Furniture
- White goods/appliances
- Washer/dryer/stove/microwave/water heater
- Freon Appliance (air conditioner, fridge, freezer)
- Clean asphalt shingles ($45 per yard for Residents $60 per yard for contractors).
- Clean residential brush 3 inches and less in diameter may be brought to the transfer station. Brush is $3.00 per cubic yard for residents, $5.00 per yard for Contractors/businessess
- Tires (see below)
- $5/$7 with rim
- Truck tires
- $10/$12 with rim
- Sm. Equip. Tire
- Bicycle tires
ACCEPTABLE ITEMS - FREE
- Overflow/Bulk Recycling materials. (cardboard, tin, glass, plastics #1-#7)
- Metals (lawn mowers, bikes, grills (with no gas tank)
- Residential leaves, grass clippings - Free for Saco Residents. Leaves in Paper bags can be disposed of full. Plastic bags will need to be opened before disposal. Plastic is not allowed in leaf pile. Contractors will be charged $5.00 per yard for yard waste (must be from Saco properties)
- Asbestos (in any form)
- Any hazardous waste material and/or chemical
- Lead or Oil Base Paints, Latex paint
- Chemicals of any kind
- Gasoline tanks of any kind
- Oil Base Products
- Roofing Tar, Secrete, Driveway Sealer - this includes containers unless washed and dried out
- Large propane tanks must be taken to a propane dealer.
Have a decent mattress to donate? The average mattress has a lifespan of seven to eight years. Unless an old mattress is in complete disrepair, then you may be able to donate it to an organization that accepts used household goods. Some national charities that may receive old or used mattresses and mattress parts, see this website to find out some additional options www.tuck.com
Have a usable item to swap? Find out how!