The City of Saco is currently accepting applications for full-time Firefighter/EMS Providers with the Saco Fire Department. Successful candidates are individuals who are dedicated professionals that demonstrate the ability to respond to emergency and non-emergency requests for assistance with a compassionate and caring mindset, and possess the professional skill set that supports safe, efficient, and effective service delivery.
The Saco Fire Department is a very active, fire-based EMS and All-Hazards Emergency Response agency with a total annual call-volume of 3,000+ total calls. The City of Saco offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a challenging and rewarding work environment that is conducive to personal growth.
Our Mission Statement and Core Values:
The Saco Fire Department is committed to enhancing the quality of life for present and future generations of our community. We protect lives and property through Public Education, Fire Suppression, and Emergency Medical and Rescue Services.
- Prepared for Duty;
- Serving with Integrity;
- Responding with Compassion; and
- Committed to Professional Excellence.
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Applicant must possess the ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, City officials, and the public.
- Knowledge of current firefighting and pre-hospital emergency medical care practices is required.
- A current Maine EMS License is required; AEMT is the desired minimum.
- Applicant must possess the physical strength and ability to perform firefighting and pre-hospital emergency medical care duties.
- Certified Firefighter II (completion expected before the end of the Probationary Period).
- Maine EMS Licensed Paramedic (completion expected before the end of the Probationary Period).
At a minimum, the hiring process consists of…
Application and Qualifications Review:
- Applicants are encouraged to provide a Cover Letter and Resume for review by the members of the Interview Panel.
Skills Assessment and Panel Interview:
- An evaluation of Firefighting and Emergency Medical Care Skills may be conducted using National Registry Skills Exams or Pro Board Skills Evaluation Stations.
Physical Strength and Conditioning Evaluation:
- A completed Physician Medical Release form must be included with application materials.
- A description of the Physical Strength and Conditioning Evaluation is attached to this document.
Background and Reference Validation:
- The Authorization to Release Information must be included with the application materials to conduct a background check for employment.
Pre-Employment Medical Evaluation and Drug Testing:
- The City of Saco’s Occupational Health Care Provider administers the preemployment medical evaluation and drug testing.
Questions regarding departmental operations and/or procedures may be directed to John L. Duross, Fire Chief at (207)282-3244 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested candidates are required to complete and submit the attached City of Saco Employment Application Package and promptly return it to:
Director of Human Resources
300 Main Street
Saco, ME 04072
Deadline for Applying : Dec 21, 2018